Thursday, October 1, 2009

Web 2.0/Social Bookmarking

I didn't know about web 2.0 until this class and I really was excited to look through all the different programs that are being created. There are so many possibilities that it is hard to narrow it down to just one, and I'm sure that I will use many of them personally.
A specific tool that I found and would love to utilize in my future classroom is Storybird. Students can use Storybird to collaborate with one another during creative writing assignments. The assignments could vary a lot, ranging from ideas and topics created by me and given with specific assignments to freelance writing projects. Similar to photostory, storybird allows users to add pictures and text to slides, but also enables the students to collaborate together and pick up on a story where the last person left off. I think this would be a fun and exciting activity for students to create a story and see where their fellow classmates take it.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about this tool before! Thank-you for sharing it with me! It has wonderful possibilities for learning!

    ReplyDelete