Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blogging with 5th graders

I enjoyed blogging with the students from 5th grade. I was a little suprised by their writing, spelling and grammar abilities but I may have had too high of expectations. I am not really sure of what level they should be on, but it seemed as if many of the students were typing in the way they would also text or IM. I am sure this is to be expected from a blogging assignment, but think proper techniques should be taught and assigned. This can be addressed through contructive criticism, left in a comment on the students posts. In these comments mispelled words should be corrected through proper use and offering of synonyms. This shows the students how to fix the mistakes they have made in a positive way. I would love to use blogging in my future classroom and feel it has many benefits for all participants.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are considering using blogging with your future students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great piece of work. I dont think i ever told you that. :)

    ReplyDelete